Pay your bill, manage your account online and gain cost-saving insights about your energy use.
You can pay your KCP&L bill in several ways: online, by text message, by phone, in person, or by mail.
Log In to Account or register for a free account.
Why sign up for an online account?
- Pay your bill online with your credit/debit card or bank account.
- Set up automatic payments.
- Compare current and past.
- View billing and payment history.
- Receive email or text billing alerts,
To sign up, you’ll need your account number. You can find your account number on your bill. Learn how to read your bill
Kansas & Missouri, except for Greater Missouri Operations service area:
P.O. Box 219330
Kansas City, MO 64121-9330
P.O. Box 219703
Kansas City, MO 64121-9703
Call (816) 471-5275 or (888) 471-5275
- Paying by check: Have your KCP&L account number and checkbook available, then follow the voice prompts. Checks post the same day by 2:30 p.m. on business days or the next business day after 2:30 p.m.
- Paying by Visa, MasterCard or debit/ATM card: Have your KCP&L account number and card number available. The system will connect you to Western Union for processing. Credit, debit and ATM cards post within 1-2 business days.
- Set up text payments through your online account.
- Update your preferences online at any time. Or stop all messages by texting STOP to 68731.
Budget billing helps you keep your bill consistent and budget your monthly payments by evening out seasonal billing highs and lows.